Tuesday, May 04, 2010

05/04/10

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. My kids have brought me in something special the last two days. Yesterday was flowers and most of my kids participated in bringing in a few flowers to be put together in a bouquet. It was so pretty and I told my kids I had to take them home so I could photograph them nicely. (Plus, I wanted to be able to enjoy them more!) They made me promise to show them the pictures so that is another reason I am putting them on the blog so they can see from school. Aren't they just beautiful?


This rose was like the "centerpiece" and it was such a beautiful color.
There were so many different flowers that just made it unique!
I don't know what these are but they are so neat!
Purple iris.... one of my favorite flowers!
Another angle of the centerpiece rose.
These daisies were such a bright pink! I loved how they had been dyed to be so vibrant!

Today my kids brought me homemade cards. I can't post all of them but this one just made me smile because the little guy told me yesterday he forgot to bring me flowers. He didn't realize it but just knowing that he cared enough to tell me (because I really wouldn't have known!) meant the world to me. Again, I got LOTS of sweet notes. Because of what he told me yesterday I just had to share this one.

Here is his sweet note:

Dear Mrs. Fowler,
I really appreciate you coming to school teaching us about....
Math, spelling, Geography, and most importantly God. You are the best teacher I ever known. You take your time teaching us when you could be taking pictures, or you could clean your house, or do garden work.....
I am sorry that I forgot to bring in your flowers but I will always love you and will never forget you like I did with the flowers....
Oh forgot to tell you that you are the most funniest teacher ever. Hope you like the card.

Oh, little guy.... I did... more than you will ever know. :)

4 comments:

Mich said...

Beautiful flowers...

I am so glad that we celebrate teachers this week and all they do.

I plan on doing something for my kid's teachers. I already am suppose to take donuts to the school thursday.

Happy day!

Vonda said...

Precious! Your students are very lucky you are their teacher!

Kelly said...

Out of the mouth of babes...I love it!! Kids speak from the heart which makes cards like that all the more special. I know you are an awesome teacher!!

Anonymous said...

Kellie, the flowers are all beautiful but the note that little guy wrote to youjust touches your heart. they are lucky to have such a dedicated teacher!! Love!