Thursday, January 28, 2010

01/28/10

I took my camera to school today and photographed when my students were in their special classes. Did I have work that needed to be done? Oh, yes, but this was what I needed today. The frost was a nice addition to what I had originally wanted to photograph. Since they are calling for snow around here this weekend I wanted to capture the frost while I could to have another look into winter.

It had been so long since I've creatively photographed and it brought great stress relief and enjoyment. Thanks for those that gave me encouraging words to yesterday's post. I'll be sharing more in the future, but here is one from today. Frost is quite amazing to observe up close! I love this shot because you can still see the frost on the right where the flower is in the shadows, but the left, where the sun is shining, the frost has turned to "dew."


Here is a "short story/poem" shared in our devotions at school this morning. I thought it was so true of the "seasons" of our lives.

For Everything There is a Season

I sit in my rocker in the spring and watch the magnolia tree blooming across the street. In summer, I sit on the front stoop, a glass of lemonade in my hand as I chat with neighbors. Autumn inspires an arrangement of pumpkins and squash in a display beside my front door. And winter sometimes finds me wrapped in a throw on the porch, listening to the rain.


The seasons show me that nothing lasts forever - that winter, as dark and cold and rainy as it may be, is always followed by spring, a season of light and hope. Though the seasons may change, God's faithfulness is sure and certain, unfailing throughout the seasons of the year and the seasons of my life.


I know, O God, that only You are forever.

All my trials and joys will one day be redeemed
by You in eternity.

Ecclesiastes 3:1

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Just gorgeous!