Wednesday, January 13, 2010

01/13/10


I have been thinking on something the last week or so. (I know that shocks you as I seem to "chew" on lots of things.) It involves this verse:

I Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.


The older I get the more I realize life isn't about me. Life is about learning to let go and let the Lord fully lead in my life. Now, I am still human and still have moments, but I want the Lord to show through me so that what comes out is from Him. I know that is a lifetime lesson I will learn on this earth.

Mikayla is learning part of this poem to try out for Fine Arts Poetry competition at school. I would love for her to make the "team" but if not, that is fine as well. The poem spoke on much of what I have been chewing on the last little bit and I wanted to share to along with my thoughts.

A Bird's Lesson
Author Unknown


A little bird, with feathers brown,
Sat singing on a tree;

The song was very soft and low,

But sweet as it could be.


And all the people passing by

Looked up to see the bird

Whose singing was the sweetest

That ever they had heard.


But all the bright eyes looked in vain;

For birdie was so small,

And, with a modest dark brown coat,

He made no show at all.


"Dear Papa," little Gracie said,
"Where can this birdie be?

If I could only sing like that,
I'd sit where folks could see."


"I hope my little girl will learn
A lesson from that bird;
And try to do what good she can-

Not to be seen nor heard."

"This birdie is content to sit

Unnoticed by the way,

And sweetly sing his Maker's praise,

From dawn to close of day."


"So live, my child, to do some good,

Let life be short or long;

Though people may forget your looks,

They'll not forget your song."

1 comment:

Katie said...

Very good something to think on. Every time I read I come away with something that makes me think about something differently than I had before. Thank you. : )