Tuesday, January 26, 2010

01/26/10


Here's a funny for today:

Today I was teaching my students about the digestive system. We made a "human" one by different kids becoming different parts of the system. I was the food that was eaten, swallowed, turned acidic in the stomach, went through the small intestines, had my parts distributed to the liver/blood stream and then out through the kidneys and colon. At each part I would stop and ask the kids to tell me what was happening. When I had just gone through the small intestines, I asked the kids "OK, where have I just been!?" One little girl calls out "The small CONTESTANTS!"

HAHHAHAHA :) Not exactly but that was a good one.

Here is a question for you to answer... you can put it in my comments.

If left alone on a deserted island, list five things you would need to survive.

Mine:
1. the Bible - couldn't go without it!
2. chocolate - OF COURSE
3. camera - I may be able to catch some really nifty shots
4. sunblock - wouldn't want to burn
5. lighter - to start a fire

Can't wait to see your responses! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.Bible
2.blanket
3.wire I could put around an area where I'd sleep so if an animal came near, it would sound an alarm
4.some food to keep me alive until I could kill something to eat
5.solar powered radio


Kim

wendy said...

1. Bible & study materials
2. computer with reliable high-speed internet access. (I'd have to blog my adventures, of course.)
3. a picture of Phil & the rest of my family
4. fresh water
5. music of some sort. I'd go crazy without it.

Kevin said...

1) Bible
2) Solar satellite radio (Don't want to get bored with just one choice)
3) Binoculars (Never know when I will see a new bird)
4) A faithful companion (pet or other)
5) The logic to figure out how to get off said deserted island without it turning into Gilligan's Island!

Gretchen said...

1. Hand sanitizer.
2. Bible
3. Lighter
4. Gun (I am my husband's wife) :)
5. A good book and a hammock. Might as well make the most of it!