Wednesday, January 27, 2010

01/27/10

The other day I asked if any of you had a question for me. I got one question:

"What is your favorite thing to photograph?"


This would be the answer... flower and nature in the "still" form. I am not so good at the active form, it seems.

I have been in a bit of a "rut" lately with my photography. I just haven't been taking any pics other than family candids. I hate these ruts but I feel my creative juices have stopped flowing. It is supposed to snow this weekend so maybe I will get back out there and try some more.

Anyone else ever get that way with things in life? I don't mean photography because I know not everyone loves that like I do, I just mean in whatever you are creative in doing.

If you have any ideas of what you do to get your "mojo" back, let me hear 'em. I think school and the kids getting older and busier has caused me to lose a bit.

4 comments:

Vonda said...

I think spring just needs to get here so you have some blooms to capture! I love your photography! I must also tell you that I miss seeing your red barn!

Anonymous said...

Well, let me say that I think your work is beautiful. I think you should do a coffee table book of your different pictures. One of your flowers, one of the old mill etc. I woulde be willing to betcha that you could sell them. In other words I think you have a special talent. Love Ya!!

Amy said...

My favorite subject is also the flower. I'm not so good with the moving subjects, much to the dismay of Allyson.

I've had a bit of the mojo thing myself. I bought a couple of photography books and have been getting excited to use the ideas, maybe that would help? :)

Gretchen said...

I missed asking a question, so can I ask one today? How about 3?

1. How many pictures do you typically take of one subject in order to get that perfect one?
2. What is your cleaning schedule?
3. When will you tell us more about your 20th reunion???