Sunday, January 03, 2010

01/03/10

Wesley asked me today "Mom, how do you write the date like I would have 1/3/09 last year? Would I write it "010?" ha!!

I hadn't thought about the kids having trouble with that. I told him just to write "10" and he'll be on the right track. I will have to remember to tell my students in case they wonder about that!

I have been reading some wonderful devotions this past week. The last one sums up what I studied all week. It is from a devotional book called "Dwell" from Partners in Ministry and I have put their link in my "Check These Out!" section.

In thinking of the new year ahead of us, and going with what I have spoken of in my last couple of posts, I loved how this one helps keep perspective on life and the happenings the Lord allows for us. Our paths in life are in His control. I needed this so that is why I am posting so it might help someone else.

Enjoy!


Under God's Direction
Psalm 86
(I recommend you read this scripture after!)

In the crisis and problems of life, the Lord is able to carry you through. Nothing is impossible with God. There is no problem of life too difficult for Him to solve.

When you get caught up in worrying about yourself and your circumstances, the one thing that is true is... God is in control, no matter what.

I found this in my collection of illustrations. It was written by godly authors from the past. I don't have the authors name, but what he says is wise and timely for us today.

  • First, God brought me here; it is by His will I am in this place; in that fact will I rest.
  • Next, He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace to behave as His child.
  • Then, He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow.
  • Last, in His good time He can bring me out again - how and when only He knows.

I am here:

1. By God's appointment
2. In His keeping
3. Under His training
4. For His time

Psalm 16:11
Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.


No comments: