Thursday, January 07, 2010

01/07/10

Fort Macon.... looking from the stack of cannon balls upward to the flag. It was a beautiful blue sky day when we went.
SNOW.

Yeah, that is in the forecast around here tonight.

We normally do not get much when it comes from the west but people still panic around here.

I am amazed at the people thinking they need to go shop for bread, milk, etc...

And to think that tonight I have to go pick up some groceries for a supper we are cooking tomorrow night. It isn't for the "SNOW" but I will be among the throngs doing just that.

There probably won't be any milk or bread. I don't think they are on my list.

That's good.

We in the south hear that word "SNOW" and go into all around mayhem and lose all sense of COMMON sense. Why do you need all of that bread and milk for a dusting to an inch? The temps will be "warmer" and it will not stay around for days on end. I think we'll be able to make it out to the grocery store before we all give out of food.

Now, I do realize that it has been bitterly cold for US around here this week and that the roads are a prime target for ice. I completely understand being cautious with that. But to cancel things tonight when the snow isn't supposed to start until midnight? I just don't get that part.

We'll see what comes tomorrow. I really do not want to miss a day of school right now because we just got back into the swing of things. Right now it will probably be a two hour delay.

Off to clean this house and get ready for that "snow day." LOL :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Bring on the SNOW! Hope you get that two hour delay, at least that won't mess up the swing of things too much!
: )