Sunday, August 30, 2009

08/30/09

Pretty pink flowers... again, do not know what kind. Love the rain droplets on them.



We played the Wii this afternoon... a new racing game that we rented. I am very inept in the racing department. At least we had a lot of laughs!

Here is another thought for today:

"Most people suffer poor health," the old saying goes, "not because of what they eat, but from what is eating them!"
Years before science linked healthy bodies and minds, Solomon wrote that humility, reverence, and righteous living would result in physical health. The grocery store newsstands abound with magazines to promote a healthy lifestyle, but how many of those consider a person's spiritual well-being?

Feeling stressed? Cast your cares upon the One who cares for you (I Peter 5:7).

Exhausted? Run to the One whose yoke is easy and whose burden is light (Matt. 11:30).

Worried? Place your concerns in Jesus' hands and trust Him to meet your needs (Matt. 6:25-26).

-Angela Elwell Hunt, Women of Faith Devotional Bible

3 comments:

Amy said...

The pink is so pretty! We have a Wii, I never thought to rent games. We've bought a couple that have turned out to be duds, so the renting is a good idea. :)

Katie said...

Oh my goodness...you have such an AMAZING eye for things!
I love our days together because you challenge me to think outside of "the kt box".
Looking at your blog brings a smile to my face because I think of you!
I still miss you big time too.
luv u : )

Dream Big said...

So true a sayings.