Friday, August 21, 2009

08/21/09

I don't know what this plant is, but I thought it was interesting. I honestly don't know if it used to have petals and they fell off, or if it grows like this. You really need to click on it to view the focused area on the left better. It has touches of color in all of that green. Can you tell what those touches of color are????? :)

Here is a poem one of my friends sent me today. I thought it was good... reminds us that we aren't perfect but we're forgiven. Glad we made it through the first full week of school....

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER

By Maya Angelou


'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say.... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living;'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say.... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
my flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou;
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow!

Pretty is as pretty does... But beautiful is just plain beautiful!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the poem...so true! Glad your first week of school went well!!

Dream Big said...

Love it thank you.

Gretchen said...

A great reminder... thank you.


I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said:
Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.

Amy said...

Wonderful poem! And eeewww on the critters!!! Are those the toe-biting variety? :)

Katie said...

Hope you didn't get into those "touches of color"!!!

"Remember sometimes you have to move nature around a little to get the PERFECT nature shot!" -kt

lol : )

Morgan said...

I am soooo stealing this for my blog this week. That is beautiful and so perfectly put. No surprise that it came from Ms. Angelou.