Thursday, August 06, 2009

08/06/09

More of the rain droplets on leaves. This is basically the same leaf, just different angles. Click on them to view it larger. :)

I have failed to mention that I finally finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia series to Wesley and Mikayla last week. We've been reading that for over a year. They really enjoyed it and I did, too, seeing as I have never read them before! (I was not a reader in my younger years.... sad, I know.) Well, now I have decided to read to them Little Women and then we'll follow it with Little Men by Louisa May Alcott. I want to read them the classics to give them a deeper appreciation for them. They seem to be enjoying it so far. :)

We were challenged at school today to remember a time where we were speechless. The man speaking said we really should be "speechless" everyday considering how the Lord made the world and all that is in it. How true. I know I have said this many times myself, but how often do we really stop to look at the details of God's creation?

He shared with us that his speechless moment came this summer when he invested in a salt water fish tank for his home. He talked about all of the chemistry that is involved EVERY day to keep the tank running sufficiently to support sea life (and it is only a 14 gallon tank!). He then compared it to how God created all things in six days... and that by day five He had all He needed "chemically" for sea life to survive in the ocean. The man said it has taken him 29 days to get his tank ready for just five sea creatures.

I wish I could remember all of the details of what he had to do each day to keep the tank running, but just know it is a lot. Our great God just spoke the land, water, and all that was needed for life to survive into existence. So many people think it began with a "Big Bang" or just evolved over time, but God's Word is beyond error! To me it is so much harder to believe a "Big Bang" happened than to realize that we are CREATED by a Creator. It is not hard to see that life is designed and didn't happen by chance. The "world" likes to make fun of those of us that believe that God made the world in 6 literal days. They think we are antiquated. Well, OK. I'll stay "old" because I know this earth is young and God created it!

Stop today and look at the details of life all around you knowing that it didn't happen by chance, and thank God for it!

Colossians 1:16-17
For by him (God) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
And he is before all things and by him all things consist.

1 comment:

Dream Big said...

Love the photos and I love how you make me think Lisa