Monday, August 03, 2009

08/03/09

If I have shown any of these before, I apologize. Sometimes I have so many I just can't remember when I post other kinds. :)


We went school supply shopping today. I didn't go "nuts" this year like I did last year because I still have things from last year! lol I have worked on lesson plans and a few things for the room. I feel the "chalk dust" in my veins begin flowing, I guess. :) I might as well get happy because it is coming fast....

I was sad to hear today of my online friend, Wendy, who, because of the economy, has lost her job. My heart and prayers are going out to her. {{{{Wendy}}}}

I am also sad at this moment because our chocolate lab, Cocoa, who we got right after we moved into our house 12 1/2 years ago, is having to be put to sleep tonight. She is pitiful.... it is time. Even though I am not as fond of dogs as I am cats, it still saddens me to know my kids will be so upset over this. It is also a bit weird that it is happening basically a year almost to the day of Ashes being put to sleep.

I was reminded of this verse the last few days. I continue to be thankful for the Lord's strength, grace and mercy.

Lamentations 3:22-23
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. We have become so attached to our chocolate lab, so I understand the ache in your heart for your kids. They really do become a part of the family. I'll be praying for you all!!

Amy said...

I'm so sorry about Cocoa, I hope you're all doing okay today. Beautiful shots, the detail is fabulous.