Tuesday, August 11, 2009

08/11/09

An insect... since I'll be teaching all about these soon, I thought it was fitting. :) (Click on the pic to see him a little better...)


Tomorrow is the big day...school starts again.

On one hand my "Mother's Heart" is a bit sad.... my "babies" are not going to be in my building and just down the hall anymore. While I am excited for them to be moving forward and that they will be learning new and exciting things, it will be a little lonely going down the hall knowing they are not in there anymore. I'll be fine... I know I will, but it is just going to be different.

They both seem to be getting excited. They both prayed tonight that they would do well all year and not get into trouble. lol I'll try to show pics of the "first day of school" tomorrow.

My teacher self is ready, I suppose. I will have 24 bright and shining faces staring at me in the morning. I am sure some of them will be scared to death, some excited and some just not so sure what to think. It will be the beginning of another adventure of teaching.

As I looked around my room today before I left and saw everything so nice and neat, I began to think about what the room will look like tomorrow, next week, a few months from now, and at the end of the year. There will be a lot of learning taking place and much of it not necessarily from a workbook. The room will not always be "spotless" even when we clean it. A room that is "perfect" each day, in my opinion, is a room that has no learning. Sometimes a mess has to be made in order to create something quite fabulous.

I have prayed for each of my students. I couldn't remember some of their names as I was going through the list in my mind but God knew them and knew my heart. I pray that I am the teacher for them that God wants me to be. I know I won't be able to do it without His help.

SO... upward and onward I go, charging into a new year.

Tomorrow I will probably fall asleep on the couch while reading to the kids and start THAT ritual again, too. lol

Before I stop for the night, here are a few more lines from "To Be Educated" by Carolyn Caines

If I can explain the law of gravity and Einstein's theory of relativity,
but have never been instructed in the unchangeable laws of the One Who orders our universe.
I have not been educated.

If I can classify animals by their family, genus and speices,
and can write a lengthy scientific paper that wins an award,
but have not been introduced to the Maker's purpose for all creation,
I have not been educated.

If I can recite the Gettysburg Address and the Preamble to the Constitution, but have not been
informed of the hand of God in the history of our county,
I have not been educated.

If I can play the piano, the violin, six other instruments, and can write music that moves men
to tears, but have not been taught to listen to the Director of the universe and worship Him,
I have not been educated.

1 comment:

wendy said...

Have a great first day back! The first day is always such a hoot :) I'll be thinking about you.