Wednesday, August 12, 2009

08/12/09

A lovely small flower from a local garden area.

The first day of school went really well. It was fun to watch their little faces try to figure out all that they needed to know. I know it is so over-whelming at first because they have so many rules and expectations going at them at once, but I was tickled to see how quickly they caught on and worked for me.

When the day was over and I had a moment to sit back I thought "Well, 1 down and 179 to go..." lol I can see I am blessed with a lot of support from my parents and that is amazing.

Wesley and Mikayla had a good first day. Mikayla was more excited than Wesley... I think he was a bit overwhelmed himself. There is a lot of new expectations for them, but if they take it one day at a time I know they will be fine. I asked them both if they wanted to help out with a small part of traffic duty in the afternoon since we are there anyway and Mikayla was all for it. Wesley said "I don't want to do Safety Patrol!.... I want to do that Kid Choir thing!" ROFL! They have the opportunity to do chorus in third grade so that actually shocked me that he wanted to do it. (It may be because those that stay in the class have to do extra work. lol) Overall their days went very well, I believe. I'll try to post pics later... been a crazy day and I didn't have time to upload the pics.

Now to rest up and get ready for a FULL day of school tomorrow. Yep, I'll be a tired pup tomorrow night. :)

3 comments:

Dream Big said...

Kellie great picture. You are so amazing. You will brighten up the saddest day in any child's day. This is going to be an awesome year. Thanks for bringtening up my life through your amazing insight and eyes.

Amy said...

Glad to hear the first day went well!!

Amy said...

Glad your first day went well! The focus and dof on that flower are amazing! :)