Friday, August 07, 2009

08/07/09

Talking about designs yesterday... some little insect did a number on this leaf. Isn't it neat!?


I cannot believe it is already Friday. Getting back to work has caused this week to fly even faster than normal, it seems. There is so much to do with little time but it always gets done.

The kids and parents found out who their teachers were today. I knew who Wesley and Mikayla had long before they did, but I never tell them ahead of time. (Teachers get that inside scoop, you know...) lol They are very excited about their teacher. I know it will be a wonderful year.

I have 24 shining faces getting prepared to walk into my classroom next Wednesday. I want to be all I can for them and know I will with the Lord's help. I am going to do some quotes from a poem that was written by someone in Washington state. I will do a few a day so as not to overwhelm because it is long, but since I am starting back to school, I thought they'd give me something to "chew" on, and all of you as well. Education encompasses so much more than most people think.

To Be Educated
by Carolyn Caines, Supervisor
Columbia Heights Christian Academy - Longview, Washington

If I learn my ABC's, can read 600 words per minute, and can write with perfect penmanship, but have not been shown how to communicate with the Designer of all language,
I have not been educated.

If I can deliver an eloquent speech and persuade you with my stunning logic, but have not been instructed in God's wisdom,
I have not been educated.

If I have read Shakespeare and John Locke and can discuss their writings with keen insight, but have not read the greatest of all books - the Bible - and have no knowledge of its personal importance.
I have not been educated.

If I have memorized addition facts, multiplication tables, and chemical formulas, but have never been disciplined to hide God's Word in my heart,
I have not been educated.

More to come later....

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, that is some cool munching that bug has been doing! :)

Dream Big said...

You are so amazing Kellie. I love you.