Thursday, August 13, 2009

08/13/09

A few pictures from the beach... I realized I never showed any of them. Will do better. Still need to get yesterdays pics on here from first day of school... that will come in time.


Wesley found a "sand flea"... a bit like a mini lobster without pincers and such... and he kept him for a while in his bucket. He just loves all critters.

Second day of school... full one at that... and we all survived! I thought it was a good one. Unfortunately, the grading of papers is back with a vengeance. lol

I found out something today.

I actually like/don't mind lightly salted rice cakes.

(You may think I am a bit crazy for that.... but at this point in my life I am finding they are absolutely scrumptious. lol :) )

OK... I need to brag a moment. I am bragging on my sweet Steve. I know I have said many times how blessed I am to have him, but he really is awesome. I have watched him stand by me and with me in some tough moments these last few weeks and I have been amazed. Amazed at his compassion, amazed at his support, and amazed at his love for little old me. I have always known he was wonderful, that is why I married him, but he proved the saying that love grows better with time. I am so thankful to the Lord that he is mine. He is priceless to me....


This was taken on the river front in Wilmington by Wesley - our half pint photographer. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an attractive couple. You two were made for each other. That pint size young man took a wounderful picture. I need a copy of that one. The beach looked like fun!! I would like to say Steve is so lucky to have You also.

Dream Big said...

Amazing. Great photo Wesley must take after mommy.

Amy said...

Looks like y'all had fun at the beach. Wesley did an awesome job taking that picture!!!!

Gretchen said...

These are great pictures ... my favorite kind!

I love catching up with your sweet family!
How DID the summer get away from us? We still need to plan a girl's night out!

Katrina said...

Terrific pictures! You look beautiful and so happy with your family. Glad you enjoyed the beach, my favorite place :)

Amy said...

What a fun trip, I've enjoyed seeing the photos you (and Wesley) took! I'm so happy to see a couple of you too. And I like rice cakes too, they're actually good. :)