Tuesday, February 21, 2012

02/21/12

 
I recently found out that the company of one of my favorite sweets of all time is going out of business.  That company would be Hostess.... and the favorite sweet of all time that I absolutely, positively adore is:


My best friend gave me two boxes of these for Valentine's Day because of the above mentioned predicament.  I was ecstatic and sad all at the same time.

I have eaten Ho-Ho's since I was a wee one.  

In fact, I could have eaten a whole box at one sitting when I was younger.  Of course, who am I kidding... if I had no self-control now I would do the same.  

Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls are NOT the same.

Therefore, I have been thoroughly enjoying each and every bite of the precious Ho-Ho's that were gifted to me just a week ago.  

Upon further investigation I have found that apparently, while the Hostess company has filed for bankruptcy, they are going to continue making their most famous cakes - and Ho-Ho's are included in that grand list.

My heart soared as I read those words.

However, I am not sure how long this will last.  Just in case, I think each time I go shopping I will see if I can find a box or two to have for "old times sake."

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I've always been a Swiss Cake Roll lover. Since I was a little girl. It took me nearly 40 years to discover Hohos. I seriously ate my first one last month. Can you believe that??

I don't care if I never have another SCR. Hohos stole my heart.

Oh, and if it makes you feel better, I could def. put away a whole box if I let myself. ;)