Friday, February 03, 2012

02/03/12

 

Tonight is a Girl's Night Out.  I really hope I stay awake.  It should be a night full of laughs.  So thankful for friends with whom I can do that.

I thought I would share the poem that Mikayla had to do for her Fine Arts tryout for poetry.  She tried out earlier this week and found out Wednesday that she was one of the chosen to go!   I love hearing her say it so I thought you might, too.  Here is a video of her doing it.  We used the webcam.  haha!  I am proud of my girl!!


I also included the words for your visual enjoyment:

Sick
by Shel Silverstein

"I cannot go to school today,"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay,
"I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash, and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more - that's seventeen,
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut, my eyes are blue -
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke -
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb,
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bend, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hold inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is - what?
What's that?  What's that you say?
You say today is - Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play!"

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this poem! I did this poem one year for Fine Arts--many, many years ago! :)

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Such a cute poem! And she is just precious reciting it!!! :)

Hope you have a wonderful girl's night out!

Anonymous said...

That;s our Girl, You go Makayla
,you go !! We are so proud of you .. Love - Love !!