Wednesday, February 01, 2012

02/01/12

 

The same night Mikayla came in to talk with me, Wes entered in as we were still chatting.  It did not make Mikayla happy to have her "Mom Time interrupted", but it didn't seem to bother her brother.  :)

She left a few minutes later and my little guy began to pour out his thoughts.

I cannot tell you what those moments do to me.  They are precious memories I will hold close to my heart always.

He is facing different things.  Being a boy he doesn't get into the "catty" things of friends.  He basically gets along with all and has his one close buddy.

However, he is my thinker and he had been thinking.

He had been thinking about the Lord coming back - the Rapture.

He shared with me that he had been thinking of his collectible tractors and his airplane simulator he got for Christmas.  He said he wasn't sure he wanted the Lord to come back soon because he wanted to live.  He wanted to grow up.  He wanted his life.

He also shared that he was concerned that Heaven would only be gold in color.  He asked if there would be more colors than that. 

It brought back a lot of memories of my own growing up years.  I had those same thoughts... and even thought of that as an adult before I had kids, after I had them, etc...

He was facing normal thoughts.  As with Mikayla, I want to listen and understand.  

After we talked he felt better.  I know it isn't because he doesn't love the Lord... it is that he is learning and trying to understand just like I still am. 

Eternity can be daunting to an adult let alone a child!  There is so much that we do not understand.

Faith is what we must have when we face those questions that we cannot understand.  I pray that I lead my son to find that faith instead of away from it.  

No comments: