Wednesday, February 08, 2012

02/08/12

 

I am not a person who likes people to be mad at me or say things against me.


However, I have learned that I cannot always make people happy.

In saying this, I know that if I am doing my best for the Lord, that is all that matters.  The Lord has reminded me recently that I am to pray for those who do not care for me.  I must say that is hard.  I have struggled with this at times in my teaching career or personal life.  It has taken me many years and many reminders from the Lord to release some of this.  How thankful I am that the Lord doesn't give up on me but gives me those gentle reminders that He wants me to change my viewpoint on those people instead of trying to have them change their viewpoint of me.

I have to remind myself that Jesus was not liked by everyone.. and still isn't today!  How do I think I am to be different?  He tells us that in His Word.

I have learned to pray for those people.  It has actually been amazing to feel the transformation in my heart.  I cannot say it is perfect.... there is still anger or hurt that rears its ugly head at times.  God knows we are human and I believe He understands.  What He wants is for us to stop being so consumed with who doesn't like us and pray for them instead.  That is one reason I posted the verse on Sunday from Matthew 5.  This is a verse the Lord has put before me a lot lately.

Is there someone in your life that is giving you a hard time?  Are there hurts and anger you are feeling?  Give it to the Lord.  He has been there.  He understands.

Only He can give you the right heart attitude towards others.  

Only He can free you from the captivity of bitterness that can come from conflict.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks , I needed to hear this today. Love - Love

Anonymous said...

Did you write this today just for me?!? It sure was right up my alley...thanks for having your ear to God's mouth today.

jane

Mich said...

I am a people pleaser. This is so very hard for me. It is something I have to turn over to the Lord, daily.