Friday, February 10, 2012

02/10/12

Here are some pictures of the bull Sledgehammer that I talked about earlier this week.  He has been at the clinic where my Daddy works for a few months now.    He has the third longest horns in the nation in this breed of cattle.  I believe Daddy said that Sledgehammer's brother has the longest.  These horns are 7 feet from one end to the other.  Daddy has been very careful as he has taken care of him over these last few months!!  I don't think I would want to be alone in a pasture with him.  :)  I highly respect bulls anyway, but he gains even more respect from me!

 
 You know he must get headaches from those heavy horns.  :)
 He would turn his head this a way.....
 .... and that a way..... to get through the shoot.
 

Here he is with both horns through the fencing of the shoot.  Daddy was not so happy when he would do this.  lol
  

After the "show" he was put back in his pen.  I think he will be at the clinic until the 19th so he has a little longer.  He's a pretty amazing animal.  Just make sure you stay out of his way!

1 comment:

SandyM. said...

Amazing! I sure wouldn't want to tangle with him!!!