Monday, February 13, 2012

02/13/12

 

This past weekend a music legend died - Whitney Houston.  I grew up hearing her and even went to one of her concerts when I was 16.  She had a beautiful voice and began her singing in her church choir.  She went downhill when she married someone who led her into the wrong parts of life.  She was caught up in that web of the world just like so many others.

I saw where some people posted that another angel was in heaven.  I honestly don't know.  I do not know where she was spiritually.  Viewing her fruits, I would say she was not a believer, however, I also know many people who fall from their roots in Christ.  I pray that she did come to accept Jesus as her Savior as a young child while singing in the choir.  Just singing in the choir does not make someone have Jesus in his/her heart.

Her death impacted me a lot yesterday.  It was such a sad loss of someone so young.  I am sure that what caused her death will come out soon.

Here is the video of the first song I remember her singing.  It is definitely a flashback to the 80's!  She had many wonderful hits over the years.  Steve kept singing one today that I will post tomorrow.  Let's go back and remember Whitney in her early years.


1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I remember singing Whitney into our curling irons in YOUR bedroom! Good memories!!!