Thursday, February 02, 2012

02/02/12

 

This past weekend my brother, Kevin, and I put up the languages that say "I Love You" for my bulletin board at school.  We have still been working with my Powerpoints for school a couple of days a week and most of my Saturdays.

In other words, we have had a lot of time together lately.

It has been so much fun spending that time with him.

We always get into something together.... or at least make silly memories.

This time we have had will forever be near to my heart.

I know this doesn't make sense to most of you, but I will always smile when I see a three banded country flag, when I hyphenate a word, when I see desert pictures, when I hear him tell me "Very good, Mrs. Fowler!", or when I got a foreign word correct without him having to spell it.  We have so many "inside jokes" of what we have done in the last month since we began this Powerpoint journey. 

Here are a few other things:
We have learned that Jabal means a mountain in the Middle Eastern language of Arabic.

We have learned that Daniel from the Bible is buried in Iran.  Never thought of where he was buried!

We have learned that a lot of countries produce sugar beets.

We have learned that a lot of websites contradict each other with facts.

We have learned that when I am tired I do not think very well and Kevin has to remind me of what country we are working on even though it is right in front of me.  

I have learned there are a lot of different letter characters in different languages.  A character map on a computer is a good thing....  so is copy and paste.  Here are a few for your viewing pleasure:  þ, ê, Ø, ÿ, ö

I love my brother for the time he is putting into my school projects.

I love my brother for loving me unconditionally and still learning about me.  

I love our laughs.

I am thankful we are close.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Brothers are such a gift!

Love your header this month <3

Mich said...

Family is precious. I can't imagine my life without my sister in it.

Have a GREAT weekend!