Friday, July 29, 2011

07/29/11

It continues to be hot as blue blazes around these parts.  It was over 100 again today.  We stayed inside.  I thought it would be good to show some icicles that wouldn't survive a minute today but I felt the need to remember how it was a few months back.

 Today, 19 years ago, my Sweet Man asked me to marry him.  He was as nervous as all get out that night.  So thankful he asked and so thankful he's mine!

Speaking of him... let me share more of our anniversary trip.  Here he is looking at me through a tree that is on one of the Grandfather Mountain trails.  Pretty neat, huh?
 After Grandfather Mountain we went to Linville Falls and hiked all of the trails. We didn't realize just how long some of those trails were... but the falls were worth it!

Here is a view Steve the falls.
 Yet another view of the falls....sortof.
 Ah... there they are.  Beautiful indeed.


 The river flowing from the falls.  We didn't trek down there... that was a beyond -words- difficult -that- I -couldn't -have -handled- because- I -would -have -just -laid -on -the -side -and -cried -about- how- I -was- never -going -to -see -my -family -again- because -the -trail -was -too -steep- to- climb kind of a trail.
 Closer view of the upper falls


 Yet another view of me and Sweet Man.
 After we left the falls and were enjoying our ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway, we got out to look at some smaller waterfall areas and Steve was checking out the other side of the road.  Just had to capture him again. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved today's photographic journey through the mountains...oh, and you and Steve were nice additions too :-) You're right...it was/is very hot today...so thankful for the glorious AC!

Gretchen said...

Love these pics. Love that hike. Love that you two still love each other! :)

Amy said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary! Looks like a marvelous trip you all had. And you probably don't want to hear that we've been in the 70's for quite some time... :) I hope your weather cools off soon!