Monday, July 25, 2011

07/25/11


Since our house is now 15 years old... which is so hard for me to believe... we have been doing some "remodeling."  You know all about our painting escapades from last summer.  Well, this summer it was time to move out some more old and bring in some new.
Steve has wanted new countertops in the kitchen for a long time.  I kept putting him off because I was just content with what we had.  After 15 years, though, the sink needed some help and our faucet was looking mighty worn.  

In looking at all of our options and what would be best in the long run, we decided to go ahead and do the whole countertop/sink re-do.  After praying about it, we found a company who could do it for us reasonably and we went from there.  It was quite exciting, although I will be the first to admit I was a little apprehensive for the change.  I knew what my countertops now looked like and what went with them and what didn't!  I was so concerned that I was going to pick out something and find out it dominated my kitchen and was "loud."

We recently had them installed and I am beyond excited with the final product.  I thought I would show before and afters just like I did with the painting last year.  I took pictures in "segments."  I am thankful for the Lord's provision.


 Before
 After
 Before
 After
 Before by the fridge
 After - notice I don't do change ups a lot when I put things back.  Y'all know I am a creature of habit.

I DID change up a couple of things.  Can anyone look through the pictures and find something different?  Let me know what you found in the comment section.

Sink before

You can't tell in this picture, but there were pits all over the chrome and rust of the faucet.  The sink had also gotten to the point that around those areas of the faucet it never looked clean no matter how hard I tried to clean them.
 After - New sink and faucet!
 
 I never realized how confusing looking for a new faucet could be.  They have definitely changed in 15 years!  This is one of those that has the sprayer in the actual faucet part and the handle to turn the water on and off goes opposite of what I did on the other.  It doesn't take long to get used to it and I am LOVING the sprayer on the end of the faucet.  It is so nice... especially coming from the sprayer I had that barely had enough power to spray out suds.
Last but not least... a little more closeup of the countertop.  I don't know if you can tell in this picture as well, but when the tops are hit with light they sparkle... for lack of a better word.  I was so excited to have that as I have always loved things that sparkle.  :)
Steve and I cannot get over how this has just totally changed our kitchen.  It looks so different but to me it is warmer and more inviting.  

Maybe now it will invite me to cook more.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it , it looks so nice and has eye apeal. I love that faucet also, my gtrlfriend has the same one.
Love - Love

Beth Rucci said...

Looks great! It does make a big difference in the look of your kitchen. This is the one thing that we are not doing in our kitchen. You did not tell me you were doing this when I told you about our painting projects. I only have a small part of color painting and moving to the trim to paint. Chuck is also framing the windows.

wendy said...

Looks great! I think it really brightened things up - which is weird because it seems like it should be brighter with the white countertops. Now you can really go to town with all your jams and jellies!

Anonymous said...

It does look VERY inviting. So inviting in fact that I feel it has invited me Wed night. -Edwin

Sandy said...

Looks wonderful! I see that you obtained a new canister for your cooking utensils and bought a new dish drainer. Everything looks very nice!

Sandy said...

Well, Sandy beat me to it, but I noticed right away the new red utensil holder & the new black dish drainer. I love the counter tops & especially the faucet! I've had one with the sprayer built in in the last two houses we've lived in, & should have bought one for the mountain house when we had new countertops/sinks put in a couple of years ago.
It all looks lovely!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Hi! So good to "see" you again! Glad you left a comment on my blog! Just getting back into the swing of blogging after a "hiatus!" :) Got to do some more work on my blog, but it's coming along!

Absolutely LOVE the new countertops! Our house is about 15 years old, too and we need to replace the counters. I've been reluctant...didn't want to get anything too trendy, that would go "out of style quickly," or something that might dominate the space...decisions, decisions! LOL! I think I'll think on it awhile longer! :) Yours turned out great, though!!! I know you are glad you took the plunge now! And your accessories go perfectly! The new faucet is really nice, as well!

Oh, and right away, I noticed the "new" red utensil holder by the stove...since you asked! LOL! Gives the space a nice pop of color! :)

Lori H. said...

I read this a couple of days ago and forgot to come back and comment...it's so hard to type on my phone...lol!

Anyway, I noticed the red utensil canister and the black dish drainer, too. But I also noticed a new black napkin holder and the stuff on the back of your stove was on was switched around....the glass bottles and the jug. :-)

I LOVE the new countertops!!!