Tuesday, July 05, 2011

07/05/11

We are getting some rain around here... we surely do need it. I love raindrops in nature. I enjoyed photographing some of that the other day. The thunder is rolling now and I hope it brings with it more rain.Here is a book I recently finished.... Lady of Arlington. It is the biography of Mary Custis Lee, wife of General Robert E. Lee.

I highly recommend this book. It is a sweet picture of a woman who loved her Heavenly Father, her earthly family and dear friends while going through difficulties and a war-torn nation. It enabled me to understand her lineage to George Washington and why Arlington is such a special place. Unfortunately for Mary, she didn't realize just what a special place Arlington would be one day. I love history and this gave me a precious glimpse into the life of this sweet woman.

I now want to go back to Arlington. Maybe we can do that some day soon.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

What a beautiful photo!!!