Saturday, July 09, 2011

07/09/11


My best friend and I took a road trip a couple of weeks ago. We decided to go to Charlottesville, VA and visit Monticello and some other places. I thought I'd share our adventures... because we always seem to have an adventure together! The above picture of the lime is in honor of her because when we went to Charleston, SC last year we saw a "fruit" that we couldn't decided whether it was a lemon or not. Well, lo and behold, we see this lime this time so we had to capture it. We have a pattern now. :)

You wouldn't believe how many of these we took to get the house behind us and us in the same picture. ha!

Here is the front of Monticello - Thomas Jefferson's home. Each time I have gone to visit they have been working on the front of the house... and this time was no different!

My best friend took this shot... you can see me in the bottom right area taking a photograph of the house myself. I just didn't get a far off view because.....


I was concentrating on the top of the porch! ha!

This house is just beautiful. Hate we couldn't take pics inside, but understand why.

Closer view

I'll be posting more in the future. Wouldn't want to overwhelm you... plus I want you to come back!

I know you were wanting more pictures of Mikayla giving me a makeover. . . . . :)

Give me a shout out that you are reading! I really do love to hear from my friends who read!

1 comment:

SandyM said...

We were there several years ago & it really is beautiful. Looks like y'all had a great time!