Wednesday, July 13, 2011

07/13/11

I don't know what this is, but I surely do like the way it looks. It has rain droplets on it, too, which makes me love it even more. :)
Here is "Road Trip with the Bestie ~ Part 3"

The night after we went to Monticello we went out to celebrate my birthday. (We celebrated and took a road trip all in one!)

This is the birthday surprise from the restaurant. Is that not the neatest thing? Yes, we scraped every bit of the chocolate Happy Birthday off of that plate. It was ALL good.


We then went to find the University of Virginia's campus. Thomas Jefferson founded this college and helped with the designs. You can see from below how his handiwork is there. It was getting darker when we got there so we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked, but this was the main rotunda building. It was just beautiful. The "Z" is from one of the many societies on campus. There were other signs painted in this area that you can't see from this viewpoint.

The statue of Thomas Jefferson himself in front of the building.

So, I really would love to hear from those who read my blog. I have felt a bit like I have been talking to myself recently. :) It doesn't take much.... just click on the "Post a comment" area below and you can choose your name or anonymous (just please tell your name so I know who it's from) and then make sure you type in the word verification. See, that is easy. It really doesn't take that long.

I appreciate feedback on what I am sharing or what the Lord has laid on my heart. It's like y'all are actually in the conversation with me and I am not just out on cyberspace talking to myself.

Thanks bunches. I really do love to hear from whomever reads.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you I'd comment :-)

I love reading your thoughts and seeing all the cool pics and commentary. Keep on writin' so we can keep on readin'!

kim

Sandy said...

Really enjoy reading your thoughts. You really challenged me with the post about mowing the lawn for your husband. Thanks for sharing!

Oh yeah, here's the word I'm supposed to type in: verification.

Beth Rucci said...

Thanks for the memories of the Walton's. I too used to watch the show as a kid.
Beth