Wednesday, July 27, 2011

07/27/11

I have been spending a lot of quality time with Powerpoint lately.  I am working on presentations for my classroom and it is taking a LONG time.  I have a lot more to do, too... but it will be worth it when I have them from year to year!
 Today we're going to take a trip to Grandfather Mountain, NC.  Steve and I went to Boone for our anniversary trip earlier this summer and since it is so stinkin' hot outside, I wanted to revisit a cooler climate.

We have never been to Grandfather Mountain before.  We enjoyed it and I did in fact walk across the mile-high-swinging-bridge.  I conquered the fear.  Somewhat.

Here is my sweet man before we got on the swinging bridge.
 Sweet Man at the swinging bridge.
 Me before the swinging bridge.
 Sweet Man and me before we walked across.  Gotta have those couple self-portraits.
 Sweet Man trying to scare me by trying to swing the bridge more.  Not nice.
 Me gripping said bridge trying to look calm... and doing OK.  However, I feel that I am standing a bit odd. lol
 Yes, I realize I took this the wrong way.  Just think of it as seeing something through different eyes.
 It was cool how on one side of the mountain it was super cloudy and this was the cloud rolling in. The other side was clearer and you could see a good ways away.
 Cloud rolling in
 Sweet Man has conquered the summit.... well, some of it, anyway.
 What a view!
 Looking back on the swinging bridge.
 Closer
 Another self-portrait.  Those people behind us on the rock were doing crazy things on the edge of the rock just to get pictures.  I am talking standing-on-one-leg-holding-the-other-one-like-a-cheerleader-crazy. 
 This is as crazy as I got.
Later the next evening we drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway and saw Grandfather Mountain with the sun setting behind it.  I thought it was lovely.  Do you see the profile of "Grandfather?"

2 comments:

Beth Rucci said...

We went there for fall break when Andrea was in kindergarten. It was very beautiful country. The kids liked it too. We camped and grandfather mountain campground which was fine until it rained for hours. We had to leave early but a good time was had. I would really recommend Blowing Rock if you haven't been there. Very quaint town with cute shops. Did that as a couple (no kids).

SandyM said...

It is a really beautiful place! And it was even hot there today...!