Friday, July 01, 2011

07/01/11


If you have been with me long enough on here, you all know I am not Martha Stewart when it comes to decorating. Once I see something works, I am fine with it for years.

It seems in recent years, however, I have begun to desire a change in certain areas. I am trying to branch out.... change it up... do a little something different.

Well, a few weeks ago I got the bright idea of doing something different with some decorations on my kitchen counter.

I normally have one picture on the right side that showed off a photograph I had taken years ago. It is professionally framed so there was no changing that. I began to think how nice it would be to show off more of my photographs. It seems the main place people see them is on here.

I went to Michaels and began to look for a picture frame that would fit the area and fit the size of picture I wanted. Voila... I found one.

I then came home and, with Mikayla's help, picked out a photograph for every season of the year and had them printed.

Now, I have a "revolving" picture frame that will give me a new scene for each month of the year. The fruit photograph that has already been there will be for June. Here is what I did for July:

I love it. :)

I am looking forward to the change this will bring with each season. It is also neat to be able to have the option of changing those when I get tired of them..... and show off more things I have photographed.

And it didn't cost a lot of money. :)

3 comments:

wendy said...

Great idea! Phil & I were talking the other day after we looked at our pictures from Silver Creek Falls that we should do a collage of square frames and show off some of the beautiful places we've been. Get those pics off the external hard drive where they can be seen!!!

Mich said...

What a neat idea.

Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Katrina said...

Your photos are beautiful Kellie! Maybe a gallery wall will be your next better-than-martha decorating project! Love the collage header too! So pretty.

Happy Independence Day!