Thursday, June 23, 2011

06/23/11

I am engulfed in editing of wedding photos. It is wonderful to watch a picture become more alive....

Wanna know what these are?

These would be notes from parents and students I have kept since I began teaching. I haven't kept EVERY note or card, but I have kept those that wrote a lot or ones that were just plain special. I have looked back through these over the years and received encouragement on days when I didn't think I was getting through to my students. They lift me up. We all need that from time to time.
A few years back I began to question whether I was really doing what God wanted me to do. I had become quite discouraged in the teaching realm and felt overwhelmed. He had me open up this box and I began to read... and read... and read. He also reminded me of Colossians 3:23 - And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

I am not doing whatever I do to please men... I do it to please the Lord first by using the talents He has given me. It was a reminder straight from Him and I appreciated it so much. After that I have always looked at this box in the same way... these are my reminders from others, but God uses them to help me see what I do is where He wants me.

As I pulled it back out a few weeks ago when I was cleaning out the office closet, and placed precious memories from this past year inside of it, I realized 16 years worth of reminders make this box full. I am now moving on to another one. I thank the Lord for that.

I love how the Lord takes everyday things to help us see Him. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog today...isn't Father so awesome to gently remind us we're in the palm of His hand...that is, until we decide to move out and try to walk somewhat alone on the tightrope of life. I love that He so lovingly helps us realize our need for Him and gives us new mercy and grace daily.

Kim