Wednesday, June 22, 2011

06/22/11

If you recall my crazy dream about the wedding, you know I was obsessed with the details.

I wanted to make sure I captured as many details of the wedding this past weekend that I could. Even then, I didn't feel I captured all that I wanted. I know when I got married that just wasn't what was captured. The formal shots and "staged" shots were there, but not the parts that you will some day forget. I tried to capture as many of these as I could for Chelle.

Another thing that was different from my wedding was that they saw each other before the wedding. I used to be a person who was totally against that... but after experiencing it as a photographer twice.... and really getting into it this go around... I think it is a really sweet idea.

We made Wilbur stand with his eyes closed at the end of the aisle. Then, we walked Chelle to him, he turned around and I was able to capture that sweet smile he gave her when he saw her for the first time.


I remember seeing Steve's smile at me on our wedding day.... right before all of the people stood up for me to walk down the aisle. I wish I had that moment captured for me forever. I know it is in my mind and heart, but I also know how those things can fade over time.

I am so glad I was able to capture that for Chelle and Wilbur. I now am not so against the bride and groom seeing each other before the wedding. We gave them a few moments to themselves before having to run around and do more pictures. It really was a special moment. I have another photograph that I love, but haven't had time to edit it yet so you will just have to wait. Until then....

No comments: