Saturday, June 18, 2011

06/18/11


The wedding went well.

I survived.

I have a lot of pictures to edit now. :)

The bride teaches with me at school. Their story was shared on the back of the programs today and I thought I would share it here. It is very sweet and I am thankful for how the Lord worked in their lives. Their theme today was "To God be the glory!"

After being set up by well meaning friends and it not working, Chelle finally asked God that if He wanted her to have a husband to send him to her church or her doorstep. After being widowed for one year, Wilbur and his youngest son, Jonathan, joined Catawba (my church) in the spring of 2010. Since Jonathan had been Chelle's student there was a common ground and chances to talk became more frequent. After a belated birthday celebration for Jonathan, Wilbur brought Chelle to her doorstep and asked if she would go on a date with him. She said yes. God answered by bringing Wilbur to her church AND her doorstep. They started dating and got many confirmations from others that this was God's will, and there were even some that had been praying they would get together. Wilbur knew quickly that this was God's plan and that he loved Chelle. However, it took a bit longer for her. During the Thanksgiving holiday while Chelle was in Pennsylvania, she realized Wilbur was the one God intended for her to love. Wilbur asked Chelle and her dad for permission to marry her, and they both agreed. On December 4th, 2010, Wilbur took Chelle to the church steps and told her this place was special in their lives as God brought them together here. He thanked God for bringing Chelle into his life and taking away his sadness. He asked her to marry him so they could serve the Lord together. She said YES! Praise the Lord for Wilbur and Chelle as they start their lives together, serving Him. To God be the glory.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I seriously love that photo!!! I can't thank you even remotely enough for ALL that you did for me these past 4 day (and the many talk leading up too!) I'm so deeply thankful for the friendship that God's blessed me with in you!!! Yay!!! It was amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Kellie that was beautiful! I love the way God answered Her prayer.
I knew you would do good taking those pictures.
Love - Love

kadrowife said...

Ms. Kinkaid or Mrs. Fisher, was my 6th Grade teacher. She has always held a special place in my heart. I am so happy for her and Wilbur! Can't wait to see more pictures. Great job Kellie!

Amy Allen