Sunday, June 05, 2011

06/05/11


Psalm 121 (HCSB)
I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber.
Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.
The Lord protects you;
the Lord is a shelter right by your side.
The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.
The Lord will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.

Picture this prayer as you would going on a journey.

Can you see it?

You see the mountain up ahead and you want to be safe.

This journey can also be our daily lives. The mountain can stand for those things that hinder your journey - fear, anxiety, depression, lack of self-worth, basically all of Satan's lies.

Remember that it is the Maker of heaven and earth that will not allow your foot to slip.

He is the Protector that will not cause harm to come to you by day or night. He never sleeps.

He is your shelter.

He will protect your life.

I needed that this week. One of many things I am learning through my Stepping Up Bible study by Beth Moore. I pray it speaks to you today, too.

2 comments:

Mich said...

thanks for the prayers.

mc said...

Thank you for that , it was needed. I'm back for a while- reading your blog that is. Just finished school Friday- this full-time teaching stuff has got me good! Trying to find time for everything is hard. Anyway, summer is here, and I plan on enjoying your words again.!