Monday, June 20, 2011

06/20/11


Today was my birthday.

I moved on to another decade.

I have sailed past my thirties.

I am no longer a spring chicken even more than I was yesterday. (I realize that makes no sense... but, after all, I am now forty.)

I am "Over the Hill."

I am "Past my prime."

Actually, I feel smarter now than I did when I was 20. Just wish my body was the same.

What an enjoyable day this has been!

I got up early and walked by myself to relish the last few moments of being in my thirties. I was sitting at the computer editing wedding photographs when I officially turned over to a new decade at 7:03 AM.

I had a visit from a friend who brought me an mocha frappe from McDonalds. I drank the entire thing in a short time.

I then went and had lunch with a friend... she was quite sweet to invite me. I had chocolate ice cream after that lunch.

I had supper at Mom and Dad's tonight.... a yummmmmmy Italian dish. Then I had birthday cake from Once in a Blue Moon bakery.

I have inhaled as many calories today that I should have inhaled in a week.

Oh well.... it's my birthday. I needed some extra sweets.

I did do a bit of reflecting today. Thinking on how I can't believe I am 40 and the fact that I don't always feel it. (Although, when I get around teens now I realize what a generational gap there is...)

I am thankful to the Lord for allowing me to learn and grow these 40 years. I am thankful for His patience with me and, most importantly, His love.

I am praying the 40's will help me gain much more wisdom.... but not many more gray hairs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday again! I am glad you finally joined our decade so now we don't feel sooooo old on GNO! I'm ready to plan another one so you can bring some of those cool satiny tops you've been digging through the last month or so. Please don't donate them all...just save a few. Gotta laugh...come on!
Kim

wendy said...

Happy birthday! The big 4-0. You deserve those extra calories today. You only turn 40 once :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, I hope you have many many more. The forties are what I consider the good times. From 40 to 60 it's you go girl time. It's after that you start to see a big difference. Hope you have a great day!! Love-Love

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!! Great shot of your cake, your focus is so awesome that I can see the texture and it looks divine!

Amy (just being aimlyss)

Gretchen said...

I know I FB'd you a happy birthday, but I am behind on catching up on my blog reading. So here's a belated bloggy birthday wish. I think you make 40 look fabulous!