Thursday, May 26, 2011

05/26/11

So it was the last day of school.

I couldn't let this day go by without teaching you all something. See the picture above? That is how we get uppercase and lowercase letters. Big letters were in the UPPERcase and small letters were in the LOWERcase for a printing press.

Printing press.
I love how the words "print shop" are spelled backwards to make it come out correctly on the paper. I was quite excited over this printing press. The lady in charge of that area at Old Salem looked at me a bit funny. I guess most people don't get THAT excited over a printing press.
So, it is official... the last day of school for this school year.

It went by really fast.

I am going to miss my kids... I really am.

I had those who loved to hug, those who bubbled with joy, those that were consistent and dependable, those who were dramatic and made me laugh. They all have a special place in my heart and I am going to miss not seeing them.

I am proud of my two sweet babies.

Wesley earned A/B Honor Roll for the entire year. For those who know Wesley, this is a huge accomplishment. He worked so hard and we are so proud.

Mikayla Girl earned the Girl Fourth Grade Chorus Award, Girl Accelerated Reader Award for fourth grade and the Girl Christian Character Award for her class.

I am so thankful and blessed that their year went well.

We are looking forward to a restful summer.

Remember.... I want everyone to get on their "PJ's" and spend time with the Lord along with me this summer. Feel free to discuss what you are learning. You know I will be sharing with you. :)

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Congrats on another successful school year! I bet you are so proud of your kiddos. We still have 2.5 weeks and the temps here are just in the 70's. I am a little jealous.....

Anonymous said...

I too am very thankful that this school year ended today! Summer is here and time to relax a bit.

I have 2 more weeks in the David study written by Priscilla Shirer, Kay Artuur, and Beth Moore and it has been so awesome. We are doing it at church on Wed nights so we get to see the videos which are fantastic. After this is finished, Madison and I are going to do one together, but the title has yet to be determined.

I hope to see you around...

Kim

Kelly said...

I am just now catching up on your blog. I too am thrilled for summer to finally be here. Enjoy your time off...it is well deserved! :o)