Wednesday, May 04, 2011

05/04/11

Here are some sewing things I photographed in Old Salem.

This part is something they used to help get in corners and such when sewing. It is actually made out of bone. I thought it was quite neat.

In thinking of sewing, I am thinking of how God "sews" all our lives in the way He desires.

I am thinking of this because of what transpired this past weekend with the death of Osama bin Laden. God knew where he was the entire time, but He didn't allow the people who needed to kill him to know until it all fit into His plan.

I will be honest, it saddened me, actually, when I found out Osama bin Laden had been killed. It wasn't that I was sad because he was dead --the man was evil! He reminded me of a Hitler. It was because it hit me that this is yet another soul that is now in hell. He made his choice on earth, and I fully believe he was possessed with the devil because of the choices the man made, but it is still another soul that rejected the Lord.

I was reminded of this verse when chewing on this the last few days:
Psalm 37:1-2
Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

He did make his choice and I am thankful the Lord saw fit to have him eliminated and "cut down" so that his evil ended. (I realize there is still evil and potential terrorism because of this, but a mastermind is gone.) God IS in control (not Barak Obama) and He took care of the threat when it needed to be eliminated.

Having said all of this, there are a lot of people in the world who think the evil is gone and he is in hell where he deserves, but don't we ALL deserve hell?

I taught my class this week that, yes, we were thankful this evil was gone, but there are really good and nice people in this world who are no different than Osama bin Laden in the fact that they are sinners. They may be nice and do all kinds of wonderful things but all of those fall short to our Holy God. They have not made the choice to accept the Lord as Savior. They are no different in God's eyes.

Let us be careful how much we "celebrate" something. I am thankful the evil is gone but I cannot celebrate the fact that another soul is going to spend eternity in hell separated from the One Who loved him and died for Him.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Well written!