Sunday, May 08, 2011

05/08/11

These are the roses I received on Friday from Wesley and Mikayla.


Mikayla had given me hers right after school. She had laid them on my desk for me to walk in and see after I finished car duty. When we arrived home, I knew Wesley would have had one, too, because they are in the same class, and wondered where it was. Well, a little later as we were cleaning up the house he goes to his book bag and brings out his rose.... that had been IN his book bag. He was trying to surprise me and it had broken because he had "crammed" it in there.

He just didn't realize how precious that was to me that he was trying to surprise me. I told him not to worry and that I would just put them in a bud vase. Wesley's is the short one and Mikayla's is the taller one that I actually trimmed a lot to fit in this smaller vase. I love these roses and what they mean.


Since today is Mother's Day I am reminded that I have two precious children that allow me to have that honor. I can remember the many years I desired children of our own but the Lord had not seen fit to give us any. I am thinking of those women today who are facing that right now. I still remember how I felt.

Being a Mom has brought it's challenges, but I am so thankful for every opportunity I have with my babies. I have learned so much from them that they really help to make my life complete. I am thankful for how the Lord has shown me things in my own life so that I am able to help Wesley and Mikayla through certain things.

I have learned I cannot do this "MOM" thing without the Lord's help and guidance.

I am so blessed and so thankful that the Lord allowed me the opportunity to be a Mother. There truly is nothing like it.

Psalm 127:3
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Roses more precious than gold, just like Wesley and Makayla. I know you were very proud and touched, Kellie.
Love - Love


I , so enjoyed Saturday!

Katrina said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Mich said...

Hope you had a beautiful day!

Sandy said...

What a sweet thing for them to do! And so typical "boy-girl"... no one can tell me that boys & girls aren't different! But his is just as beautiful in the vase as hers...kind of like people who are squashed down or "tucked away" yet they are just as important to God.

I too always think of & pray for those for whom Mother's Day is such a hard time, whether it's because they have lost a child or have been unable to have children or have never married or who choose not to have children.

I'm so thankful for the privilege of being a mom!