Monday, May 23, 2011

05/23/11




Ink and inkwells from Old Salem. Kind of glad I don't have to write with a quill any longer.

It was our last full day of school today.

We are counting down till Thursday.

I am ready for some peace and quiet... a time of rest.

When you get home from work, or from something where you are just glad to be home, what is the first thing you do?

For me... it is get on my PJ's!!!

I do not care if it is 4:00 in the afternoon... girlfriend here is going to get in her comfy scrub pants and a t-shirt.

In devotions a couple of weeks ago, one of the teachers commented that we need to daily get in our PJ's from the Lord. What are those?

PEACE

and

JOY

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Nehemiah 8:10d
for the joy of the Lord is your strength.


We need to take the time to get curled up, not just with a "good book", but with God's Word, and allow His peace and joy to flow over us. That is what I am planning on doing this summer.

I have to finish up last year's Bible Study - Breaking Free by Beth Moore. (Yes, it takes me a year to do it.... I like to chew on things, you know.) I plan on finishing that up this week.

I will now be doing another one this summer from Beth Moore - Stepping Up.

I must say, I was in a quandary as to which one to do next when I was at the Christian book store. BUT... the Lord kept drawing me back to that one as I asked Him which one I should do. Mikayla was even the one telling me she thought that was the one. SO... I look forward to "stepping up" into God's Word even more and learning from Him what He wants to show me.

Join me this summer, get on your PJ's, and dive into a time of worshiping the Lord through study. I would love to hear what you are learning. You can be sure I will share what I am learning on here!

2 comments:

wendy said...

I like that. PJ's from the Lord. I've got the study on John to do. The ladies at church did it this year, but I opted to go to Phil's Sunday School class instead. My favorite Beth Moore study was the Tabernacle: God's Dwelling Place. It was amazing.

Tina S. said...

I did Breaking Free last summer, and I loved it. I have heard several messages since then that have helped me stay focused on continuing to 'break free.' Repenting, forgiving, and receiving God's healing of my soul have changed my life in such great ways over the past year. And the Beth Moore study was a big part of this journey for me. I'll have to take a look at Stepping Up.