Monday, May 30, 2011

05/30/11


We are home.

Did you miss us?

Steve and I are home from a wonderful weekend in the mountains.

We celebrated our anniversary.

It has been 18 years, just in case you forgot from yesterday.

It was a weekend full of hiking and exploring.

A weekend where we continue to realize we are not spring chickens, but keep trying to hike and do ourselves proud.

A weekend with just me and him.

A weekend where we tried to avoid children at all costs. (Said compassionately.... remember, peeps, I was on my weekend with my man. However, we did miss our own two.)

A weekend of just driving around going nowhere but somewhere at the same time.

A weekend of seeing a wonderful friend, Sandy, who was also in the mountains! :)

A weekend of no schedule... just look at the map... or call a friend... to find out the neat out-of-the-way places.

A weekend of finding ourselves as a couple again. We seem to get lost in life and raising children sometimes that we forget who we are as a couple.

A weekend that I would have loved for it to keep going on.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you two sweethearts had a good time.I bet it was nice up there.
Love - Love!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time. I bet the cottage was busy this time of year.

kim

Mich said...

Sounds wonderful.

Kelly said...

Happy anniversary! Glad you had a weekend just the two of you. I always cherish the times we get to go away alone. Start planning the next trip! :o)

Lori H. said...

I missed you!

I'm also jealous! :-)

SandyM. said...

What a fun time for both of you! And I DO know this flower... Columbine.