Wednesday, March 23, 2011

03/23/11

I have really enjoyed walking outside and watching the green unfold from the beautiful blooms on the bushes and trees this year. Again... you know how I love those details. :)

The forsythia was so pretty all in bloom! There is more and more green there now.

We have been marblizing at school this week. (It is that art project I always do with my students during Achievement testing.) We have been having fun playing in paint with paper.

We don't use marbles.

I almost "killed" myself yesterday doing my walking/running. I am really needing to learn to stop trying to push myself beyond what is necessary after only doing this for a week and a half. Leave it to me to go gung ho and injure myself.

Advil was a good friend to me today.

I am going to get my bike out today and dust it off.... or maybe take it to a car wash... and see about riding it. I'll probably look like that rude and ugly woman in Wizard of Oz who took Toto from Dorothy. (Que theme music for when she is riding her bike down that dusty road.)

You are now thanking me for having that tune roll around in your head.

Steve is coming along nicely on re-building the deck. It is going to look so pretty and new.

Now I just need to find some good patio furniture off of craigslist for cheap. Our table is in a bad, rusty way. The chairs don't match and are a bit... well.... unclean.

Speaking of craigslist... we got the kids one of those mini laptops off of there last weekend. The guy wanted a super cheap price for it. We are now able to let them work on that for reports and such for school. It is a blessing. We haven't gotten the wi/fi connected yet.

I am also enjoying the freedom of wandering around the house with it playing Solitaire. That is such an addictive game....

I must end this rambling and go find that bike.

I bet you want to come over and see me ride the thing.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I love all your spring pictures - just beautiful!
And I'm impressed with your running. I've been a vegetable this winter (think, "tomato"!) I'm so ready to get out & move... So thanks for the inspiration! Not going to try running anymore (gotta protect my knee joints & feet), but the walking needs to get going, at least until swim season...
We did go biking on Sat. (10 mi.) & I thought I was going to have to quit at one point, huffing & puffing up a hill. But DH is such an encourager & he kept me going to the end.