Thursday, March 17, 2011

03/17/11


Happy St. Patty's Day, Peeps! :) I don't have any shamrocks for ya, but here is a bit of green with these beautiful daffodils!

Today I had my "Green" Tasting party at school. It is where I have the students bring in foods that are green like green apples, pears (skin is green), celery, olives, pickles, kiwi, grapes, cucumbers, bell pepper, guacamole, etc... and they must try each thing. In fact, we only give them one piece of each and they have to eat all of it before they can get up and go get other things they would like to eat.

I have kids dread this day..... which always makes me chuckle. I am not feeding them beef tongue or anything. I have to cheer some on, encourage others and sit and eat with a few to get them to try the food, but then some find that they actually LIKE some of the foods they are made to try.

If they walk away learning to eat just one of the things they have tried I have made a difference. I was proud of the kiddos.... they hung in there and did find there were things they had never tried that they really liked.

See those flags teeny white flags in the distance of our multi-colored yard?

That would be the flags that keep Miss Molly in her area. We put in an electric fence last week and she had to be on a leash at all times for a week while we trained her. She has done really well and yesterday was her first day off the leash. When I was outside and went past her flag areas, she would stop and sit. She has done so well!

It is nice that we can let her go where she wants (in her boundaries) in the yard and let her enjoy running and playing. She is still one sweet little, er... BIG pup!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, man....I forgot to make guacamole for your party today :-)

Actually I have come to like it now, and we made some the other day....and I must say, it was pretty good...even you would have approved (I think).

Anonymous said...

I would be willing to bet that Miss molly can just melt everyone of all her masters hearts!
She is just precious.
Love _ Love!

Sandy said...

Those electric fences are the best! We had one for our last dog, & when you stick with the training, they won't go past the boundary (even when the battery in the collar isn't working...LOL!)