Wednesday, March 16, 2011

03/16/11

Mikayla loves to play in the mud.

I love that she loves to play in the mud.

She uses her imagination.

She makes mud pies.

Remember those?

Except... she doesn't call them "MUD" pies... they are her "Recipes!"

However, Mikayla's mud pies are definitely not simple.


She starts with some dirt and then adds her water from the "supply."

She mixes the mud up in different bowls and makes her "muffins."

Then she decorates them with flowers and whatnot that she collects.

At work in her "studio"..... aka... the well house.


I never made a mud pie, er, "recipe" as pretty as this when I was little!


She has realized some "critters" have come out at night and eaten some of her beautiful recipes. She has made herself a shelf to avoid that problem. Notice all of the recipes she has in that clear container.

I just love watching her use her mind this way. There is nothing like simple play that teaches so much.

3 comments:

Lori H. said...

LOVE it!!! What kind of mud are y'all growing? When my girls make "recipes" they don't dry like that. Mikayla's look good enough to eat!

Katrina said...

What special memories. I have a mud recipe girl myself. Love to watch her create those 'cakes'. Looks like you had a wonderful spring break!

Sandy said...

This is so precious! I see a budding home-ec teacher here...