Saturday, March 05, 2011

03/05/11


The beginning of our forsythia (yellow bell) blooming in our yard. Ours always seems to bloom after others, but I think this year it even got a head start on itself!
In the last couple of days I have been looking up quotes. I love to look at quotes to use on here sometimes and was thinking of doing one today to get you thinking. However, as I was looking at them, I became quite irritated with some of what I saw. There were quotes of people saying things about my Lord and His Word that make me continue to see God's mercy in putting up with "man."

Here are a few of what I saw... I am not posting them to broadcast them, which I guess some would say I am, but I felt the need to show what people have chosen to say so that we can be bold and stand up for the Lord.

The Bible looks like it started out as a game of Mad Libs. ~ Bill Maher

Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning. ~ Bill Gates

Born again?! No, I'm not. Excuse me for getting it right the first time. ~ Dennis Miller

God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows through. ~ Paul Valery

As I read these, the Lord brought this Scripture to my mind. I decided to use the NIV so that it would be easier to read.

Romans 1:20-23 (NIV)
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

Here is another part of Scripture that came to mind when reading those quotes:

Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Since I started with quotes... I'll end with this one. I have heard my pastor speak of this before. One day, these people will face the One True God. I hope they will be ready.... will you?


I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. ~Albert Camus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! I do not even want to think about living for one day without God! I don't know how anyone could survive without Him there to take you by the hand and pull you up! Love - Love!