Monday, March 21, 2011

03/21/11

I have begun walking again.

I needed to... my body was letting me know it was out of shape. My mind was letting me know I needed it, too.

As I began walking I also began to challenge myself to do a little running.

I figured if those people on Biggest Loser could do it, so could I!!

(Why is it that a lot of times when I watch that show I find myself with a cookie or bowl of ice cream in hand???)

This is new for me as I have never run for exercise before. It was usually all I could do to run a yard and not pass out from the huffing and puffing.

In one week I have come far. I am now able to run a little longer each stretch of the way. I keep telling myself to go to the next mailbox or the next driveway. I still have to walk in between my running spurts but I am just tickled I am doing more with my exercising.

It has given me time to enjoy God's Creation more.

It has given Wesley time to encourage his Mom... He runs like a graceful gazelle while I am coming from behind like an overbearing elephant.

It has given me more energy which I so desperately was needing.

I want to continue... I don't want to give up.

It has reminded me of this set of verses and how we run the race for Christ:

Hebrews 12:1-2
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I don't want to give up on my exercising and I don't want to give up my race for becoming more like Christ.

I want to become physically and spiritually healthy.

I want to be like Paul when I stand before the Lord one day:

II Timothy 4:7
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

3 comments:

Vonda said...

Good for you, Kelly! I have started taking a zumba class for excercise. It is great fun and I feel so much better.

wendy said...

Keep up the good work! We are embracing a new eating plan over here in Berglandia (aka - the 17 Day Diet plan - I'm down 9 pounds in a little over a week!) Next comes the exercise, but first I must get over this head cold and breathe right

Mich said...

Crazy, but I started walking this week too. Of course I am not to the running phase yet. 30 minutes of walking is what I am starting out as. Lots to improve on...

Way to go! Keep it up!