Friday, March 04, 2011

03/04/11

Can't remember the name of this flower... starts with a "C"... however it is so pretty. The blooms actually defy gravity and grow upward while the pistils and stamens bend downward. This was at Mom's....

We are officially on spring break as of 3:00 this afternoon.

I am ready.

My brain and body are ready.

My children are ready.

Their brains and bodies are ready.

OK... I digress... you get the picture.


Yesterday I got a sweet surprise in my lunchbox and so did Wesley.


Wesley had made my sandwich that morning and when I opened up for lunch, I saw the red "I you, Mom and a smile.

After the kids unpacked their lunchboxes after school yesterday I saw Wes got a note from Mikayla. Click the picture so you can read her sweet note to him.

Today at lunch, I found another note from Miss Mikayla... she had made me half of a sandwich this morning. She told me she loved me.

Seeing those sweet notes meant more to me than words can say. Mikayla has kept all notes from anyone and have them in her room. Not sure if Wes will save his, but I know it meant a lot to get it. I would save that sandwich bag but am afraid the mayo at the bottom of the bag would cause some stinkage.

All I know is that this is sweet to this Momma's heart....
I hope it will always continue.

2 comments:

Mich said...

love the sweet notes.

Jealous of your spring break. Enjoy!

Katrina said...

Spring break already :) I love the notes from Mikayla, so sweet.