Saturday, March 27, 2010

03/27/10

I love this sailboat that just happened to sail right by our tour boat. What a lovely and peaceful scene. I took quite a few shots of this boat, cause that is just like me trying to figure out what shot I liked best.
Do any of you remember the jump rope songs we did as a kid?

I was reminded of this in the last couple of weeks between Wesley and Mikayla talking about them and watching some girls on the playground earlier this week.

Kids don't jump rope and do those little rhymes/songs like we seemed to do on the playground. I can remember doing jump rope most every day. I was glad to see the girls... and some boys.... do those fun rhymes again. I am amazed at how they have been passed down after over 30 years since I did them. It brought back a lot of memories.

Here are some I remember:

Down in the meadow where the green grass grows,
There sat (insert girl's name) sweet as a rose,
Along came (insert a boy's name) and kissed her on the cheek,
How many kisses did she get that week?
1, 2, 3, 4, etc.....

Fudge, Fudge, Tell the Judge
(Girl's name) is gonna have a newborn baby,
Wrap it up in tissue paper,
Send it down the elevator,
Boy, Girl, Twins, Triplets....
(Whatever you stopped on would be what you would have.)

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear,
Turn all around
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
Touch the ground
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear,
Tie your shoe
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
I love you.
(I think this one is right.)

Cinderella dressed in yellow,
Went upstairs to kiss her fellow
Made a mistake and kissed a snake!
How many doctor's did it take?
1, 2, 3, 4,... etc.


Do you remember any I haven't?

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Engine engine number nine,
Going down Chicago line,
If the train should jump the track,
Do you want your money back?
Yes or No
y-e-s spells yes...