Friday, March 26, 2010

03/26/10

We also went on a boat tour of the Charleston Harbor on the Cooper River. (Say that with your best "Suthun" accent. My friend and I did that a lot during the weekend. lol)

Battery Row

No building in Charleston can be higher than the church steeples. This is quite evident in this photograph. Love that.

You can also see that rule from this view.
It is Friday.

I am thankful.

We have done Achievement Testing at school all week and, although it is different and I don't have papers to grade and homework, it is still tiring in its own right. We did marblizing again.... the art project that does NOT use marbles (ha!), but we use paint that "floats" on a mixture of water and marbling powder. It is wonderfully fun and the kids love creating their artwork... but it is exhausting, too. It was finished up yesterday.

I see in my future that I am gonna pass out on the couch early tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet I never told you I was born in 'Chauston'. You're making me want to go back for a visit since it's been a very long time. Nice pics!

Kim

Katie said...

Beautiful pictures... and the marblizing was awesome! I think mom still had mine on the fridge up until last August sometime when she got her new stainless one! hahah That is a "Classic" art project (remember the spray glue in our basement? or was that a different "art project"?) !!! : )