Tuesday, March 09, 2010

03/09/10

Here is a lovely balcony in Charleston. Notice the circular plate in the walls? Those are for helping the buildings if there is an earthquake. However, they have done all they can do with tightening any of the walls so they are really of no use. We were told while we were there that Charleston is about 25 years overdo for an earthquake. That is a nice thought.

I loved these lamposts. They were real flames and not lightbulbs! I took quite a few pictures of them but kept only this one as I seemed to have been obsessed at the moment.

Loved those cobblestone streets.
Here is yet another questionnaire that I took from my brother who took it off of someone else's blog. No great whirlings of the mind lately.


1 . What is your name spelled backwards? eilleK relwoF
2. What did you do last night? Fell asleep early after reading to the kids
3. What was the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? Don't remember

4. Have you ever licked a 9 volt battery? That would be - NO.
5. When was the last time you swam in a pool? I think last summer but I don't really swim often.
6. What are you wearing? Dress pants and a green sweater.... what I wore to school today.
7. How many cars have you owned? 4 - with the Golden Chariot being the one we've had the longest - 10 years.

8. What is the type of music you dislike most? Hard Rock mess and I'm not really fond of Rap....
9. Are you registered to vote? Yes
10. Do you have cable? Satellite
11. What kind of computer do you use? Dell
12. Have you ever made a prank phone call? When I was little... with my cousins. We called these people and said "Is your refrigerator running?" Other person: "Yes" US: "Well, you better go catch it!!" Mom and Dad = not happy.

13. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Absolutely NOT. I am not a thrill seeker.
14. What is the furthest place you ever traveled? Canada.... Quebec province to be exact.

15. What's your favorite comic strip? Comic strips? Haven't really read those in years.
16. Do you know all of the words to the national anthem? Yes
17. Do you shower in the morning or at night? In the morning.... at 5:00 AM. lol
18. What is your favorite pizza topping? CHEESE
19. Chips or popcorn? Popcorn... unless they are plain chips and I can dip them in mustard. Yes, people, I said MUSTARD.
20. What cell phone provider do you use? Verizon.
21. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? Now THAT is interesting.....
22. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? That would be NO... and I just don't agree with them "educational" or not.
23. Orange juice or apple juice? Apple most of the time, but I also enjoy orange juice.
24. With whom were the last people you sat at lunch? My fellow teachers as we scarfed down our food and watched children do strange things with their food.
25. Favorite chocolate bar? Dove Dark Chocolate.... so smooth and silky!!!
26. Who is your oldest friend and how long have you known each other? I have to agree with Kevin when he said I was his oldest friend when he did this survey... it would have to be him. We have known each other now for almost 39 years. Now THAT is a friendship. lol

27. When was the last time you ate a homegrown tomato? I guess last summer since we grew them and my parents/brother grew them.
28. Have you ever won a trophy? Yes.... for AWANA and my "Senior trophy" that I thought was so wonderful then but I think is now collecting dust in my attic. I also won a cheerleading trophy at a cheerleading camp one summer.... don't even know where that thing is.

29. Favorite arcade game? I'm just not into any of that....
30. Ever ordered from an infomercial? I don't think so.... does QVC count?? lol

31. Sprite or 7-UP? Sprite
32. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school/work? No, thank goodness. I like variety in what I wear and see. Who knows, though.... it may come to that.

33. Last thing you bought at Walgreens? Don't recall because it has been a VERY long time since I've been there. I'm guessing some kind of medicine.
34. Ever thrown up in public? I don't think so.....
35. Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love? True love.
36. Do you believe in love at first sight? Well.... I believe you can really, really, really, like someone when you see them at first sight. (Remember the post of when Steve and I met?????) However, I feel love comes from really knowing someone. You can't tell that from sight.
37. Spongebob or Jimmy Neutron? Let's just say they both get on my nerves. Does that answer it?
38. Did you have long hair as a young kid? I was blessed with a bowl cut.... I always used to say that if I had a daughter when I grew up she would have long hair.... and you see she does!
39. What message is on your voicemail? One from my best friend last May when she said she needed "counseling" with me.... she was being quite silly. It makes me laugh when I hear it so I keep saving it.
40. Where would you like to go right now? To sleep.
41. What's the name of your pet? Boogie - Dog; Isabelle - cat; Sampson - cat :)
42. What kind of back pack do you have, and what's in it? It's a dark blue one.... probably inside is hand sanitizer and tissues from when I take it to places at school, the fair, field trips, vacations, etc....
43. What kind of tennis shoes do you have? Aasics (Did I even spell that right?)

6 comments:

Mich said...

fun questionaire with some fun answers.

Kevin said...

I believe that the Cayman Islands are farther than Quebec. You need to check that out. If so, that is your farthest destination to date.

Vonda said...

I love mustard with plain chips too!

Amy said...

Fun questions :)

Loving all your Charleston pictures. We were there last week at this time. Oh how I wish I was there right now :) Charleston is one of my most favorite places!!!!

Gretchen said...

I LOVE mustard on chips ... preferably spicy mustard.

Funny how important we thought #28 was at the time. I think mine are at the dump now. I'm not a big "saver of things."

Amy said...

How fun, I love reading these surveys! :)