Wednesday, March 03, 2010

03/03/10

This is a house in Charleston. I finally understand why they have a "front door" on their porches. These are piazzas. (I think I spelled that correctly.) Charleston was influenced by Barbados architecture because so many people came from that English colony to live in Charleston. The door allows you to be outside on your porch and have privacy at the same time. If your door is open, that means visitors can come on in. If it is closed, it means you want your private time with family. I have seen these types of houses built in a housing area near where Mikayla takes piano and I always thought it was silly to have a front door on a porch. lol Now I understand....

We began reading Pilgrim's Progress last night. I am really going to enjoy reading that to the kids.

Here is another quote I found that hit home to me:

God always answers in the deeps, never in the shallows of our soul.
-Anonymous

When God stirs us to do our greatest soul searching it is usually in trials of life and that is when we hear Him the most. I was reminded of this last night when I read these verses:

I Peter 1:7-8
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you , I so needed that today. Sometimes you just feel so alone , until you call on the Lord and He says I am there with you.
Again thanks for sharing.
Love You!!