Wednesday, March 24, 2010

03/24/10

Every time I go somewhere I seem to become enamored with something to photograph. Charleston was no different! ha!

The "new" bridge that takes you across the river into downtown Charleston is a beautiful sight to behold. Apparently, the bridge before this one was quite rickety and those who have visited there often have all said they prayed hard to get across each time! Well.... the new one is just magnificent and I couldn't get enough of the view. Today's pictures are all of the bridge. I actually took more shots of it when we were on our boat tour, but as I worked on them I realized you all didn't need to see the underside of the bridge so much. ha! These were my favorites and I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed the view.

I took this as we were coming up the interstate heading into Charleston. I got excited every time we saw this. lol
Getting closer to those towers and cables!
passing underneath
from our boat tour... doesn't the bridge look like sails on a boat from this distance?
Notice the small sailboats underneath... that was why I took this shot.
a couple more views

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, you got some good shots of the bridge!!! I really like the last two.

I wish you could have seen the old Cooper River Bridge. That thing was SCARY!!! I would have a panic attack going across it. So thankful for the new bridge :)

Gretchen said...

I love that 1st b/w! It would make a cool framed print!